Friday, September 19, 2014

A Letter That Touched My Heart

Every now and then I receive a letter that just touches my heart and removes any doubt as to why I am a writer. I thought I'd share it with you.


I have just finished reading the book [Breathe for Me] TODAY and it is no coincidence that God made me wait until now to read it. You see, I am currently in a situation where I was dating a great guy and we ended up committing ourselves into a relationship. We broke up because of a misunderstanding that I credit is most of my fault. But more importantly, as I look back at our situation in retrospect, I took God out of it and clearly He ain't having it. 

Lately, the guy and I have been back and forth and I have tried to force so many things onto the guy. Currently, the guy is saying things that do not line up with his actions. For example, he had never said that he does not care for me, but me being in my feelings (not getting my way) has led me to believe that it was the case. Yet his actions show me that he cares. Finally I am convinced that only God and time can fix this. Now this guy is a great guy, much like Marcus which is why I am persistent in my praise knowing that God will fix this for us. 

In your story you wrote that Tara and Marcus were separated for three months, (I think), while I feel like this is a long time for my guy and I, it made me realize the reality of just how powerful time and prayer are. I enjoyed reading a love story that showed two young people who lived a Godly life. This is not something that is common with my age group. It is easy for women my age to think that we have to give up our bodies in order to have life, love and happiness, when really it is God who gives all of these things, freely. That is the beauty of grace! I have been sexually active in the past and I am finally foolish enough to believe that even in this corrupt world, there is a man that will wait until marriage. I simply must set the standard. 

I saw a lot of myself in Tara because I too suffered many abusive situations as a child but I kept going. I recently graduated from College and I am headed to law school, Lord's will.  

Towards the end of the book, you wrote, " Tara understood that in order to make her marriage and relationships work, she had to turn her burdens over to the only source who is big enough to handle it" ( pg. 304). Wow! How amazing is that! To know that as a believer I do not have to hurt or carry on bitterness! That God loves me so much that He will do all of that for me. I have decided that I will truly make God my everything and dismiss anything that does not glorify Him. 

Thank you for being a light for me when I was in a dark place. Your book has encouraged me to not pay attention to that mainstream media and see what God says about my situations. I can also say that this book has indirectly brought me closer to the Lord. 

I need to read some more of your material...what do you suggest next? You may end up becoming my favorite author! 

No comments:

Post a Comment